Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Information
The Wedding Superstore Team has been closely monitoring the ongoing issues with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and the impact it is having on all of us. During the last 6-8 weeks we have also been developing a plan which has now been activated.
We are all going to go through a trying time during the next few months, however, we are 100% certain we have built a sustainable plan to see us through to the other side. We have made sure to take the necessary steps in advance to protect our employee’s health and well-being by carefully implementing business continuity plans.
We have established precautionary measures in our warehouse and are providing regular updates to team members on actions they must follow including hygiene practices and social distancing. Hand sanitisers are available in communal areas at all our work locations along with disinfectant sprays and alcohol wipes.
The health and safety of our employees and customers is our top priority at this stage and we have ensured we have a robust plan in place for the coming months. From Monday 22nd March 2020. As the situation changes we may need to adjust our plan, however, we will keep you up to date.
- Warehouse & Website Ordering
Everything is running normal in our warehouse with dispatching orders at full speed ahead. In fact, we have had the busiest February and start of March in 20 years.
After some hellish delays in stock arriving from China due to Chinese New Year Closures then COVID-19 extended closures we can confirm we have 10 shipping containers already on the water as of 19th March with eta’s in around 4 weeks. With more stock in production in our factories now. Pre orders will be available over the coming weeks for those items
- Ordering - Basically, If the mail carriers, Aus Post etc are picking up we are dispatching
- Any delivery delays from the carriers that we are aware of will be noted at checkout in the eta’s and carriers removed if they become an issue
- Our warehouse team are very well trained and if part of the team is away other members can take over that roll
- Our warehouse team are locals to Woombye and a few live within a couple of minutes walk, we also have the ability to work with one person at a time in the warehouse if needed.
- Woombye Retail Store & Website Order Pickups:
To protect our staff, we will be temporarily closing our retail store at Woombye.
- The last day of in store trading will be Friday 20th March 2020.
- Store pickup has already been removed from checkout
- Any pickups not collected during this time will held until we reopen
- Customer Service:
- Customer Service via email and live chat will remain available during the coming months with staff working remotely.
- Phone support will cease from Friday 20th March 2020.
- Domestic Freight
- All of our carriers have now implemented contactless deliveries, item will be left at your residence or if not safe taken to the depot/PO Box. If you request signature on delivery the driver will now sign and photograph and leave for you otherwise you will need to go to the post office or courier depot for collection.
- 23rd March 2020 - Due to the ever increasing amount of international flights being cancelled and delivery issues in some countries offering international freight at this time is not possible. We will resinstall international options once flights resume again.
- 25th March 2020 - Express Post and TNT overnight are no longer considered a guaranteed service, there are no refunds or credits from the carriers for delays in the overnight networks.
- 27th March 2020 - We have removed express post and TNT overnight on advice from carriers that they may not be able to maintain the network due to flight cancellations
- 4th April 2020 - There may be a 1-2 business day delay with all carriers given border closures etc slowing down the transport links
If you have further questions, please reach out to us and we’ll be happy to help.
- Jayne Reynold